2018+ X3 172 HP Stage 2 Lock & Load Kit
- Kit fits 2018+ 172hp Base X3's or 2017 X3's with the 2018+ style fuel pump
- 2020 Models with the updated airbox do not need the intake. This will be subtracted from the price when selecting year.
- Lock & Load! This Stage 2 kit provide a big increase in horsepower and torque simplified into an easy package. Tuning, clutching exhaust, and intake on the 172 base hp X3 go together like high powered rifles and tannerite. Together they pack a huge punch for the ultimate power gains to the wheels. The tuning allows for great power depending on the level tune, supporting mods & fuel you want to run. Tuning also allows for better power at higher RPM where the factory ECU calibration falls off. The clutching allows for RPM to ramp up faster, and to reach those higher RPM's where best power to the wheels is made in the real world. Exhaust helps get rid of un needed back pressure and heat to help run more boost at cooler temps, while gaining power. The high flow intake also reduces temps and horsepower by providing less restricted airflow to the turbo.
- If you have a stock X3 (performance parts wise) this kit is best combined with the level 3 tune or higher.
- ***These tunes are all for the 2018+ X3 with the factory fuel pump, or the 2017 X3 with the 2018 fuel pump***
- Gains shown and listed are for 2018+ base power(139rwhp). 2017 base power was 126rwhp.
- The 2018+ Maverick X3 172 base HP is a great machine with good power from the factory, but whey stop there? This 3 cylinder turbocharged motor has so much more potential! After many hours testing on the dyno, and even more testing in the real world, we have what we believe to be the best tunes on the market for the 2018+ X3, or 2017 models with the upgraded fuel pump. We modify many parameters and spent a TON of time fixing a few issues we saw from the factory when cranking up the boost.
- Not just dyno tested! We are avid riders and like the factory, a ton of the testing is done in the field to make sure you are getting 110%. With data logging capabilities you can't get any better testing than real world. Often times we can make significant changes to further increase power, drivability, and feel of the machine that can never be done on the dyno. We tune to max power for the fuel & supporting mods. You won't find more power no matter what others claim. We also have a longer history than nearly all competitors of tuning CVT transmission vehicles with turbochargers.
- Throttle by wire limitations disabled giving wicked throttle response and power delivery (for sport mode)
- Torque calculations set correctly to ensure the most performance at all times
- Fuel tables modified to gain low end punch and safe yet powerful air/fuel ratios
- Get rid of the lean punch! The factory runs these things stupid lean when getting on boost and we fix that.
- Boost tables properly modified for the fuel & modifications along with lightning quick turbo spool
- Timing tables modified for best power per tune
- Safety parameters to protect your motor and turbocharger are still in place
- Speed limiters removed or raised depending on gear
- 2 foot limiters removed & Start in any gear
- Rev limit raised from 8300 to a safe 9000 RPM
- Powervision flash tuner reprograms your ECU in roughly 8-10 minutes & easily installs by plugging into your diagnostic port
- Easily return back to stock, switch tunes, or upgrade tunes at any time
- A great gauge (see live boost and more) and data logging device
- Our level 1 tune is designed for a completely stock 2018 X3 on 91 octane or better. This tune runs an average of 16-16.5 PSI of boost and is a very safe tune to run on even 91 oxy/ethanol fuel. Gains are right around 13-15hp to the wheels. We found many competitors only offer a max pump gas tune and that simply does not work as well without having a good 91 non ethanol or 93 octane fuel. If you run into this, your safety circuits will pull timing based on DET and can even go into a partial limp mode dropping you down to below stock boost levels. This is a great tune to have loaded on the tuner for such event that you get bad fuel.. it still rips, but won't push things as much. This tune absolutely tears on 16psi, and just keeps pulling all day long. It works well with a 100% factory machine or with a slip-on exhaust, cat delete, full exhaust, and/or an intake kit. The stock waste gate spring pressure of 7-8psi is good for 2018+ Models. 2017 models with 18 fuel pumps should adjust 2-3 turns.
- Our level 2 tune is again designed for 91-93 octane and is a max tune on the stock exhaust. This tune is absolutely nuts for being able to run on a bone stock X3.. Boost comes on hard and keeps pulling like an animal. Peak boost is around 17-18psi, and settles down to roughly 16-17psi. We spent a huge amount of time tuning and reviewing logs on pump gas to squeeze everything possible on 91 pump gas, and this is it. You simply can't find a more powerful tune on a stock X3 172 base. This tune will work even better with an exhaust like our 3" full system. An intake kit like ours is HIGHLY recommended. Clutching is not needed but also recommended. The stock waste gate spring pressure of 7-8psi is good for 2018+ Models. 2017 models with 18 fuel pumps should adjust 2-3 turns.
- Our level 3 tune puts the hammer down on 91-93 octane. Like our level 2, this tune simply rips on pump gas but requires a full exhaust like our 3" system to run 91 octane as well as a high flow intake. If you run 93 octane (or boost your 91 to 93) you can run this tune on the factory exhaust(however you'll leave some power on the table). It will peak around 18-19psi and sustain around 17-17.5psi.... half a pound of boost higher than level 2. This is a big 23-25hp gain over factory. This tune requires a high flow intake kit like ours. Clutching is recommended. We recommend shortening your waste gate rode by 1 turn with this tune. 2017 models with 18 fuel pumps should adjust 2-3 turns.
- Level 4 adds a bit of race fuel to the mix! This tune is designed for 98-100 octane (will run on UTV 96) and was developed using one can of VP Octanium Unleaded to a tank of fuel. Mixing other race fuel with the tune to get 100 octane output would work great, just keep in mind leaded fuels can take out o2 sensors when running leaded fuel consistently. This tune runs around 18-18.5psi and produce 175rwhp and is extremely fast. 2018 models adjust your waste gate 2 turns shorter. 2017 models with 18 fuel pumps should adjust 4-5 turns. Crack pressure should be 9psi. Intake and exhaust are required for this tune, clutching is recommended.
- Level 4AV is the same as the level 4 tune but designed to run 100 LL AV gas found at your local airport. This fuel has a different specific gravity with the oxygenation and other characteristics. Running a tune not meant for this fuel can make it act lean and therefor you will not get the full power and potential from the fuel. This tune modifies fuel tables to be able to run 100 LL AV gas and reap all the benefits.
- Level 5 Kill mode is here! This tune is developed for 110 Leaded, or MS109 fuel (or better). This tune is an absolute riot and will leave others in the dust. We throw down a huge 185-190rwhp with this tune at 19-20psi of boost, with a wicked timing curve for the big octane fuel. This one will throw you back in the seat as soon as you get on the throttle, and keep pulling for days! Hands down, this is the highest horsepower tune possible on the factory turbo/waste gate & factory injectors. This tune requires an exhaust system, high flow intake, and clutching. 2018 models adjust your waste gate 5 turns shorter. 2017 models with 18 fuel pumps should adjust 7-8 turns. Crack pressure should be 10-12psi.
- Level 6 Kill mode squared is running on corn! This E85 tune packs as much if not more punch than the level 5 tune but must be used with our big injectors. This tune is an absolute riot and will leave others in the dust. We throw down a huge 185-190 RWHP with this tune at 19-20 PSI of boost, with a wicked timing curve for the cool burning E85. This one will throw you back in the seat as soon as you get on the throttle, and keep pulling for days! Hands down, this is the highest horsepower tune possible on the factory turbo/waste gate. This tune requires an exhaust system, high flow intake, clutching & the wastegate turned in (shorter) so only 7-8 turns with a crack pressure of 10-12 PSI.
- How to: Waste Gate Adjustment
- All our gas tunes are available on our large injectors, so there is no need to switch. The only reason to go big injector is if you plan on running E85. If you don't plan on running E85, just stick with the factory injectors.
- Max boost levels are listed as reference only. Altitude, temperature, charge temps, intercooler temps and many other conditions play into a factor of final boost output. AA tunes do a better job of making sure you reach these levels as the factory tunes are overly safe.
- PV3 quick install video & setup to make sure you are running correctly: PV3 Can Am Video
- S2 kits include our AA Recoil magnetic adjustable clutch weights, our primary spring & setup guideline.
- Our setup guideline will let you know how to set your weights for stock horsepower to 200rwhp, 28" - 32" tires, 28-32" paddle tires, different altitudes & more.
- Our special clutch tool, clutch compression tool and clutch puller are needed to install this clutch kit. Find these tools HERE
- See this VIDEO on how to install this clutch kit
- For more info on the products in this kit, see these links: S2 Clutch Kit, X3 Sidekick Exhaust, X3 Stock Airbox Intake Kit, X3 Blow Off Valve Kit, X3 Catch Can
- If ordering internationally you will be invoiced separately for shipping. Please email if you need a quote.
- Get ready to hang on, your X3 is about to transform!
- Item Requires Shipping
- Free Shipping!
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.